View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3865217)   #132
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Following on from the apparently successful Classic Alfa Challenge he ran recently at Donington, Julius Thurgood in conjunction with HRDC has released proposals for 2 Trackdays at Goodwood on 5 and 18 March 2019, and a confirmed race at Silverstone on 14 April, with others proposed at Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October. Races to run to the same format as this year - 15 minute qualy, 30 minute race, and presumably to the same (somewhat vague ) class regs.

The intention is that the Classic Alfa Challenge will be expanded further in 2020, presumably dependent on support.

As one who loves to see older Alfas being used as they should, I wish him well with this series......sadly our 75 V6 is too new to be included.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Further to my post #45 about Julius Thurgood's plans for a Classic Alfa Challenge, it looks as though he's now firmed up on the 2 proposed dates, so the 3 races will be:
Silverstone on 14 April, Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October
Hope this goes well. Seems strange that GTV6, 75s and 33s don't seem eligible though. I would fully understand if the cut off was from when the range was largely platform sharing with Fiats.

As an aside, I find it strange that the PCGB, HRDC or a similar organization don't have a series for "classic Porsches". The current PCGB Porsche Club Series is largely run for more modern cars on slick tyres now but I would have thought that there was reasonable market for a series for air cooled 911s and the 924/944/928 of the 80s & 90s.