View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3889837)   #263
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I find this FIA stuff so confusing. I,m interested it the spec. for MK1 Lotus Cortina as run in U2TC/Masters etc.
I have no idea whether they are standard touring or GP1.
Mike speaks of App K and App J. Can you explain how this works?

Thanks,R
In the right order so you can understand Robyn:

Appendix J - period ones - are the regulations which govern the homologation aspects of a car - as it is today as well - and also point to the freedoms which are granted to each category of cars.

Appendix K - the historic motorsport and actual regulations - does exist to either clarify or restrict period and "unsafe" practice as well as to accomodate today's requirements in terms of safety or parts availability, etc. Still, it works in accordance with period Appendix J, they are complementary.

Then and on Cortina to Appendix K standards, we here talk of Period F cars which is for homologated cars from 1963-1965 included.

Applicable regulations of period and homologations are 1965 Group 2 Improved Touring Cars and form #1224.

Homologated and standard production FORD Consul Cortina Lotus specification for:

- valves are - INLET 38.86mm / EXHAUST 33.66mm
- Weber 40DCOE - Choke diameter - 30mm

BUT note that different choke sizes were later introduced as on the HOMOLOGATION which is fully available here as well as all relevant regulations - https://historicdb.fia.com/

Also understant that carburettors could be changed to different ones as Appendix J permitted, which means the cars can run any bigger WEBER carburettor that fits the original manifold in terms of mountings. We today see 45 Webers on most cars.

Hope it clarifies the question.