View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4002371)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Chaps, I was a little rusty/scruffy in morning practice, Qualifying was a little better, car behaved impeccably.

Race 1 I moosed the start, wheel spin, lifted, bogged it down and god swamped . . . . had a good battle with Gavins 12ft wide Guillietta and clawed back what I'd lost.

I felt a lot more relaxed going out for race 2, got a proper start and had a brief dice with an A40 then got the mini, felt I was comfortably ahead but just couldn't catch the Triumph or Riley 2.5, maybe if I'd over driven I may have been a bit faster but then I'd have made a mistake and let the mini past!

Richards old Triumph has lost a bit of its originality in being resprayed but boy is it a lot quicker. God knows whats going on with the Riley, but that's even quicker than last time I raced with it. Interesting as my car hasn't changed.

I've been using Harrys lap timer via a GPS box thing and my phone, which suggested some slightly different lap times to TSL, I think it starts/stops at a slightly different spot to the transponders. Anyway I managed several sub 52s laps according to that which is a PB over laps 10 years ago with a bigger engine. I was happy with that.

It was a really nice relaxed meeting, plenty of space, the format worked really well, no one wants an endurance race of such a short circuit! the 7 P's paid off as we drove the car on the trailer at the end of the day with nothing more than scruffy tyres and a near empty fuel tank.