View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2342187)   #48
diabloA1
Racer

diabloA1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
At most circuits (not F1 grade) 600hp is max which I am lead to believe they are currently running at. Not sure if this applies to just race circumstances or for the meeting. It may allow for boost to be engaged in qualifying but not for the race. I know that the engines are not accelerating as quick as the Zytek with new tyres, and the cars are heavier than the old. (due to extra engines weight) the Mitchelins are more consistent than the c**P Coopers. Anyway the only people who know for sure the power output are Ferrari, and I image they will keep it that way. Never know maybe they are being conservative.
Can you elaborate what you mean when you said '...engines are not accelerating as quick as the Zytek with new tyres..' ?

Are you saying that the engines revs are not rising as quickly or the car is not accelerating as quickly? In either case, can you share with us how you know this?

Also, although the new engine is heavier, the total car weight is not actually more than last year's car. They both weigh about the same actually. the added engine weight only adds somewhat to Polar Moment of Inertia, not total weight as they new chassis is lighter in other areas. Even then since testing drivers report that handling balance is very good despite the heavier engine