Old 31 Jul 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3840403)   #114
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
However... what about the other races in 2001 where the Production Class cars started later but did less laps? There are several occasions when the Production Class car was first to the chequered flag.

Eg race 1 at Silverstone. Simon Harrison took the flag with Plato back in third. Yet that counts as one of Plato's 96 wins.
Yeah, that year was strange in terms of what the official stats are. I suppose the touring class winners are all counted because the production cars raced over a one lap shorter distance. I personally count all of the touring class winners AND the production winner if they happened to win overall in my records. And let's not forget that the two classes raced separately for their sprint races at the opening event that year. It's an odd situation unique to that season. But whichever way you slice it, Plato definitely didn't win that race at Brands!

As far as next year's concerned, Plato definitely has to change his environment, whether it means retirement or a change of team. It's just sad how such a successful driver has gone from being a constant threat to win to struggling to finish in the top 20.