View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3846715)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sad to see only 5-6 real super tourers turn up at Oulton Park.
8 entered, 7 raced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I do wonder what will happen next year. I spoke to a few of the drivers, they dont really have the answer to the problems of grid numbers. One driver said part of it is down to no one really trying to rally numbers in order to get the grids up. Another driver said that the better 2019 Dunlop tyres may bring a few drivers back.
It seems to be that there is no one big thing that is the root of the problem, or at least not one that everyone can agree on.

Tyres, entry fees, number of meetings, choice of venues, dates, hospitality, lack of promotion, availability of spares, running cost, rival series (for non-ST entries), and probably a few I've forgotten. Depending on who you speak to, any or all of the above are either a huge problem, a minor irritation, or not an issue at all; and everyone you speak to will give you a different combination of answer.