View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1413863)   #165
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca
Irrespective of new CAA rules about air displays, the most alarming thing I saw was during the P47 solo display on Saturday; he went up into a big loop over the field, and as he got to the top he met..............a glider!

(I think maybe the P47 changed his display plan after that; the glider kept blithely circling in the thermal until he got the height he wanted and pushed off.)

But don't those dipsticks read their NOTAMs? Did he not take his thumb out of his b*m for long enough to look out of his cockpit and notice that there was a busy airfield below? Or am I completely wrong and you can glide anywhere as long as you are in the height bracket above the display and below commercial lanes?

Paul M
Yes, I noted that. I could barely believe my eyes. The glider disappeared into cloud but I kept my eyes on that area and noted that the airspace above him was being criss-crossed by aircraft albeit at different heights - a very busy place!