View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2022, 22:34 (Ref:4130074)   #2780
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Bah humbug! I thought much like you on reaching 70 yet here I am 3 years on, having just completed my second Spa 6 Hours and looking forward to the season closer which is my 7th Race of Remembrance. Anglesey host us for 12 hours split over Saturday and Sunday - when it's not dark it will be gloomy and when it's not raining sideways off the Irish Sea it soon will be. And always cold. But most of us old-boy racers believe if you stop you simply fade away and die. I'm not volunteering to test that theory!
Graham, if the bones creak try a week - two is better - of decent heat in the winter; somewhere like Sharm or Hurghada or even southern Spain where you can just loll about in the sun interspersed with a swim or a massage. Works for me, it was 29 degrees in Almeria today and we are heading there in the morning.