View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2757718)   #3
Bosse L
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Bosse L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your memory in briek ErleMin!
Yes, there was a Formula Vee race at the German GP 1967. If i understand it right, there was Formula Vee races in 4 or 5 of the European GP that year. Have seen some photos from the german race, but dont remember where. Thanks also for tip for the web site, lot of useful historical info there.
I have been in contact with HMR as some of my friends regalury race there. But their focus is maybe more on historic racing today rather than the heritage. i will try to look for the Austport articel, doy you when or what year it was published?
Here in Swden it was big until the more tuned twin carburettor come inte 173, after that it started to go down a bit, the cars were more compared to the Formula Fords, and even here the Fords was groving beeter when VW focus was on the watercoolers In clubracing (SSK-serie4s) the were running intil mid 80-ties. first in national Formel 1300 then in Formula 4
(not to camapre with the italian F4 with Mc engineered vars)
But we neve had a modern clubracing class bases on the Fvee regualtion as you have in UK and Ireland. And i know they have in US and Australia for example.
If you want and can live with our ununderstandable language, take a look at www.formelve.se Under "bildarkiv" you find a lot of photos from historic Fvee and the Fvee history in Scandinavia.