View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3806328)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vote for Predictions Contest rules in 2018

The old adage is that if ain't broke, don't fix it. However, in a bid to increase numbers this year participating in the predictions contest, I have been pondering a couple of ideas and I would like to put it to a democratic vote. I hope that if your favoured idea is chosen and adapted in some form, you will take part throughout the year and if not, you will take part anyway.

The predictions contest involves participating in each Grand Prix and predicting a number of eventualities including pole position, finishing positions and things like the weather and the team with the fastest pit stop.

One of the fun things is you get the chance to influence your result each round, so you can always make up positions in the championship with some stealthy thinking.

Nonethess, I would like to propose the following ideas and ask for your vote. I will then introduce the most popular idea for the 2018 season and possibly adapt it in some form.

Idea 1. Have the contest as we had it in 2017. The 2017 rules are here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149762

Idea 2. Introduce points for predicting the number of safety cars or virtual safety cars. Introduce points for predicting the number of retirements.

Idea 3. As Idea 2, but you predict all finishing positions (the points spread will be modified a bit from the existing one). This may involve predicting who retires.

Please place your votes. Thanks for your input.