View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3789981)   #8
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've previously sold a lot of my of car magazines on Ebay and really, it was only that I'd rather someone that wanted them had them that stopped me from just throwing them away. I found it very time consuming listing each copy, detailing the contents and scanning the cover for the picture. Then once sold there is the chore of packaging them and taking them to the Post Office (especially as the one near to where I work is now closed!) I also sold a few overseas and discovered that if \I didn't send them by airmail (expensive), they often just didn't arrive (or so the buyers claimed) meaning a full refund has to be made in order to keep my good feedback score!
I did eventually get rid of a fair percentage of them after re-listing them time & time again, but I did eventually lose interest & dump the ones that were left.
As an aside, and not something I looked into with y magazines, there used to be a company called (I think) Pooks Motor Books in Rothley, Leicestershire (again I think) who sold old documents. If they're still going they may be interested in buying a job lot to re-sell themselves?