View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1697380)   #276
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I think its brilliant , in the face of the Ferrari 430 , the little'ol 911 will win the LMS series in class , again .

Cant wait for the new model to stir it up come next year . Beautiful little car .
I sort of agree - when I read Tom Kjos' DSC Houston preview where he asked, a touch rhetorically, if a Porsche would ever win a GT2 race again, I bridled a little, thinking if that did indeed come to pass it would be very sad indeed; based on that the perfomances of Autorlando, Ebimotors, et al have been absolutely fantastic, but it's been great for the series to have non-Porsches win major events.

Am I happy that Porsche have won a GT2 title this year? I suppose I am, but sincerely hope the sheer variety we've seen this year (and last) with Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, and Spyker all getting a little bit of limelight will be preserved going forward and we don't end up with serried ranks of 911s packing grids.