View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3396602)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
OK, back on topic ! What happens when it is so wet you cannot even see the edge of the track ?

So, I make no apologies, I pulled into the Paddock at the end of the first lap and abandoned the race. First time I've done that. Rain was still coming down full-strength out of the celestial bucket. The race was red-flagged on lap 2 or 3. After 20 mins or so, no change to the weather, so I packed up, getting thoroughly drenched, and drove the Chev home. Apparently the HRS were held on the grid and the restarted race seems to have got away about 60 minutes after the original start.

Hats off to the HRS drivers who patiently waited for the re-start, and double hats off to the Marshalls who deserve a medal for sticking it out.
Nick
Nick, I was fortunately in the stands keeping dry and when I saw you pull in I said to my wife that by the time it restarted you would be at Popham on the way back home! Little did I realize how long the wait would be - even Marcus Pye ran out of things to say!!!

It is pretty admirable that there are still competitors like you that drive to the circuit. It must put a very different slant on your track "risk appetite"!