View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3502122)   #2503
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
In regards to declining interest in cars and motorsport, I don't believe that's the case. Tons of road courses and ovals have been built in the USA over the past 20 years and many of them stay busy.

Do I think that we've gotten too far into our phones, internet and virtual reality? Yep, especially with younger folks. But the car is not dead yet.

In regards to professional motorsport, it's not enough to say "I am the pinnacle of the sport", you have to be it, live it, look like it and right now it is not. The general public has no interest in it because it's totally boring.
As someone who doesn't live in the US, I didn't know that, sounds promising.

I didn't try to say that the car was dead, more that it isn't seen as a luxury anymore, its one of the most common items nowadays. People don't really fantasize about cars anymore. And the gap between a race car and street car is closer than it has ever been.

Indycar doesn't have to call its self "the pinnacle". It just needs to call its self different. It's the only series I can think of that has a fair amount of ovals and road courses. The racing is some of the best right now in the world, certainly better than F1.

It won't appeal to the masses...I don't think any series can do that now. Let's be honest, the only reason F1 is relevant is because of the name and Ferrari. But if Indycar can interest car people, then it can do well.