View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3502360)   #2507
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
The problem with all of this "everything used to be better" talk is that you admit to yourself that you can't live your own time. It's nice to be nostalgic sometimes and share memories from the past but when it comes to a point where everything you've got is bitterness and frustration, then you've chosen a path which leads to a mental state where everything is just black or white and there's only offenders and victims.
I don't really know if you are directing this at me specifically or not. I'm 21, almost 22, by the time I started watching AOWR around 2002, I witnessed the fall of CART, its resurrection and death as ChampCar, and the maturation of IRL into Indycar. From my perspective, "everything used to be better" is not true. Though, I have watched a ton of races from the 90s and definitely enjoyed them.

Anyway, all I was trying to say was Indycar has to get creative when trying to attract potential fans.