View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3502414)   #2509
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I don't really know if you are directing this at me specifically or not. I'm 21, almost 22, by the time I started watching AOWR around 2002, I witnessed the fall of CART, its resurrection and death as ChampCar, and the maturation of IRL into Indycar. From my perspective, "everything used to be better" is not true. Though, I have watched a ton of races from the 90s and definitely enjoyed them.

Anyway, all I was trying to say was Indycar has to get creative when trying to attract potential fans.
No, it wasn't directed to anyone specifically.

I started in 1998 when - as I said earlier - Finnish channel 4 had late Sunday night live coverage. Somehow it actually was better then; 2,65 litre methanol engines, long wheelbase Swift/Reynard/Lola chassis, two Canadian rounds plus Japanese and Australian rounds. And tobacco sponsorship (equals money).

But when I take the pink glasses off, I also remember there was lots of underlying problems, mostly related to the unnecessary IRL/CART split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Anyway, this discussion belongs on The Current State of IndyCar thread, so feel free to carry it on there.
Alright, maybe it's time to quit.