View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4078604)   #5
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Having just been to the third and second best tracks on the calendar, the BTCC rounds off the season, as usual, on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch, the best track in the world for touring car racing! It feels like we are owed a wet-dry race this year, but this is a track where I feel that the racing is better in the dry. Having said that, the final round in 2019 was in mixed conditions, and that was probably the best day of touring car racing I have ever witnessed.

Although Turkington, Ingram and Hill still have a chance, this championship is really between Sutton and himself/his car’s reliability (both of which have been faultless this year), unless somebody takes him out. I think he will wrap it up in race two, and he and the team absolutely deserve it. Although obviously I would prefer for it to go to the final round. Ingram is probably his most likely challenger, and also deserves second place this year, in my opinion.

It’s also worth noting that this is the final race of the NGTC era.