View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4121746)   #271
Firehawk505
Rookie

United States
west coast of the USA
Firehawk505 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, folks. New poster. Just noticed this thread here. Guessing it's better to revive this than start a new thread, especially because there have been some good posts on this one.

I used to watch this series a lot back in the 80's, when it almost seemed to be a sprint clone of GTO/GTU. I also like to read about the heyday of the series, up until the fuel crisis, as I understand it. Some great cars over the years, in some disparate categories.

I've watched the series again in recent years. There are some exciting cars, for sure, but it does seem very budget minded. And that's OK! Many series are. As a kid, I was fascinated whenever I saw coverage of IMSA Firehawk.

But I really feel like the TAs and GTs just don't look good together in the same race. Part of me just wants to see a TA/TA2 race followed by a GT race. Which leads me into my next concern. There are, I believe, 3 GT categories as it stands right now. Problem is, two of them, at least last year, had miserable car counts (I haven't watched the series this year). I'd love to see the GT side reworked to have broader rules that acommodate all three current classes, bringing them into one class.

A lesser part of me also misses that Audi of the late 80's. I believe the current progeny of that is the A6 (correct me). I'd love to see an A6 done up by one of the companies doing up all the TA cars. I actually think it could look really good. I don't know.

Anyhow, I'm not seeing an intro area. I apologize if it's there and I'm overlooking it. It's 1am. I shouldn't be posting. Take care.