Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3330978)   #14
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Content! As has been said before, the habit of releasing (and expecting punters to pay for) an unfinished product pays very few dividends, IMO.
A fair point. There is plenty coming up, but even if the developers fail to deliver somehow, I'm told the game is built to be very mod-friendly. I know there are addons available already, and I am confident that the modding community will be able to do some excellent things in the future (though I am most looking forward to Kunos' laser-scanned Spa).

I haven't had a lot of experience with this kind of early access release (apart from Kerbal Space Program, which seems to be doing okay), so I can't say I know it to be a good idea in the long run. I do know that some of the less patient among the sim-racing community were beginning to whinge about the lack of news recently - I even saw the word 'vapourware' - so perhaps it was a response to some of that.

Either way, it's been out less than a week so I suppose none of us can really say anything more than 'I like playing it' or 'I don't'. Time will tell