View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3746370)   #4939
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess I will just reiterate my statement: trying to reduce costs across the board while encouraging innovation is not a conflict. Remember, there were supposed to be 3 hybrid systems and 10MJ of energy per lap from next year onwards. That was the innovation strategy. That is too costly, so they have come up with a cheaper alternative that still promotes new technology. Albeit in a very gimmicky way. I don't know what else you would expect, not a single change from the current regulations?

As to your point that 'cost saving' never works, everybody in the world knows that. Except rulemakers. Of course none of the proposed restrictions are going to cut costs, they will probably increase them just like in F1 as you correctly identify. However, the point of all these measures is as simple as it is transparent: to goad Peugeot and probably BMW. The point is to give Carlos Tavares some ammunition to persuade his company to come back to Le Mans.
Keep in mind too that 2020 is still three years away and until then there will be no additional rule changes. Stability is about the only thing that actually works at reducing costs.

Also, everybody keeps forgetting about this, but proper active aero is going to be awesome. Can you imagine the laptimes the cars could do if they could go in full downforce mode through the Porsche curves and then go down the Mulsanne with less drag than they do now?