View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3869887)   #19
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Agree, to have a spec chassis is quite dumb, but actually don't think dallara/ligier/oreca lmp2 chassis are so different each other following the same mandatory technical regs, so guess it's not a big issue, it's all about money saving.
IMO, the tub the one area of a car where going spec is a very good idea - it brings costs down without compromising safety and still leaves a massive amount of the car open for design by the manufacturers.

Assuming the tub is designed correctly, that is(which the Class One tub seems to be).

Quote:
Any info about a gt500/dtm car price ?
Much like in GTE, the DTM manufacturers keep that information close to the chest, but the only source I've ever been able to find that lists a price of one million euros(about $1,130,000 USD). I honestly don't doubt it as I'm told the costs to run were reduced by "around half" when the current chassis rules were implemented, and I'd heard talk of price tags just over 2 million USD at the time.

But this should all be taken with a grain of salt, as DTM is only just for 2019 switching to the new engines, and I've heard claims of savings upwards of 100K USD with the turbo fours in GT500. So the numbers are still quite....questionable, to say the least.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 13 Dec 2018 at 12:06.