Old 18 Feb 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2833491)   #26
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
In the past I believed the Peter Brock Ford Sierra team was Advantage Racing, only to find out that that name was only coined around late 1991/early 1992. If I know my Australian touring car scene Peter Brock was effectively his own boss from the forming of the Holden Dealer Team for the 1980 season, no matter what name the team bore.
The team raced under the HDT banner until the 1987 spilt with Holden after which it raced as Mobil 1 Racing. When Brock returned to racing Holdens in 1991 the preparation of the cars was contracted to Perkins Engineering so there would have been less Brock employees involved than previous years.

When Brock and Perkins went their own ways at the end of 1991 the hardware passed to Advantage Racing, a subsidiary of sports management and marketing company Advantage International. The team closed at the end of 1993 with Brock and Mobil moving to Tom Walkinshaw’s HRT in 1994.

While the outward impression was always that it was Brock's team, I recall that Alan Gow was a shareholder in the late 80s prior to him heading to the UK and not sure what the Advantage International arrangement was.