View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3693371)   #70
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It has been mentioned already, but werhlein makes sense. I remember the broadcast crew commenting on how he must have been miffed at being passed over for ocon for the Williams drive. I wonder if Mercedes did that knowing that rosberg retiring if he won the title was a real possibility? How far ahead was rosberg when the ocon announcement was made? Seems like it was around the time his lead ballooned up after Malaysia.

I like the vettel/Hamilton trade idea. If Mercedes is annoyed with hamilton, ship him off for a german, Hamilton gets clear #1 status at Ferrari and vettel gets out of Ferrari. Ferrari has had a real knack for ruining great drivers' careers lately. I don't see vettel wanting to team with hamilton in any way. He doesn't seem to like having a teammate that can compete with him.

And yes, if Alonso got it, red bull and Ferrari would pass Mercedes with the new ruleset and all three would be racing for second best. Behind McLaren.

Would there be any interest in Webber? Guessing not, but he's another that would be a solid #2 to keep there from being any drama.