View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3773917)   #51
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I'm all for free to access coverage to motor racing. Show me adverts fine, but don't put up a pay wall, it just encourages people to look for way round it. Advertising before, during and after a race as long as it isn't too excessive never puts anyone off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it becomes too much of knowing the secret handshake to get in the club to view the race, then you pretty much lost most of your audience. I still don't get how Creventic can stream their races with announcers and pit reporting with a camera in the pits too. We all know that 0.5% of the sportscar hardcore even know about but somehow they (Creventic) do a pretty good job of broadcasting it for anyone anywhere can watch it.

I know a group of guys that decided against this 8hr event and went to Spa to run the 12hr race there instead. It was cheaper (even though the race is longer), the whole race was streamed online so their family/friends could watch it anywhere (great way to convince your wife you are spending all of that money on hookers and blow) and there was lots more information available to potential renters well ahead of time as opposed to this 8hr race (some even wondered if it was going to happen at all).