Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3837312)   #365
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I imagine Pipo is destined for bigger things in 19. I imagine with the super season / Winter WEC seasons covering 2019 he will still run in IMSA somewhere, but id be suprised not to see Caddy, Acura, or Mazda sign him for more money...

regarding Mazda, I think its unfair to say they have been totally useless (not suggesting anyone has actually said they are)... They have shown some fantastic form, and Joest have clearly improved things for this year.

But its been said many times in many ways, you can only polish a steaming heap so much... I imagine Mazda just want to grab some little gains here and there while they wait for the next homologation cycle to drop that Riley.
I would think that Derani is first in line to step in if there is a job opening in any of the 4 full time Ford GT cars. Granted turnover with Ford has been minimal since the program started. Ferrari has been underperforming so far. So maybe Derani will be appealing to them.

Perhaps Mazda needs an upgrade in the drivers department. Have any of the Mazda drivers specifically been underperforming from anybody's observation? Perhaps Derani could fit in there.