View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4086271)   #603
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
luckly for porsche and audi, riley isn't involved anymore in lmp2, everything is up to multimatic now.
I would think that it's a new lmp3 considering it became onroak core business during last years, but the coupé section doesn't look wide enough to be a lmp3 car. To reveal a next gen lmp2 now doesn't make much sense to me considering there are still 2 years to go to get final homologation for 2024 debut.
Is it possible for chassis manufacturers to introduce a new current spec lmp2 to race in 2022 and 2023 and to replace the poor and slow js p217?
You're right, it isn't a Riley anymore, that name is just stuck in my head!

I agree on weird timing if it is a next gen P2, but not sure they would be allowed to offer an upgrade to the current car, and since nobody runs it not sure what the point would be?