View Single Post
Old 8 May 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3902591)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Personally for me, i can't use any gimble/tripod when taking videos, yes they give you a stable platform but i find them restrictive and its very easy to tell which trackside videos are taken on them as the panning as a very linear motion which can seam un-natural.
I would agree with that at motorsport events, also I only use the eyepiece viewer as I find that it makes the video more stable rather than using the flip out screen especially on full telephoto for action shots, it saves lots of battery life as well.
I will use a gimbal or tripod set up on certain types of films that I make if I find that the OIS built into the camera won't stabilize it enough for what I want.
The reason that I have 3 identical camcorders is that I can have one fitted on a gimbal and one for quick action shots, the other one is a spare in case anything should happen to either of the other two especially at a wedding !!! I flew to Morocco to video a wedding last year and I have one in Ireland to do in a couple of weeks, and you only get one chance
I sometimes use 3 cameras for filming musical groups with 2 on fixed positions and one handheld for audience reactions and close ups of instruments etc and edit them together on the timelines with the separate recorded audio track.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !