View Single Post
Old 21 May 2003, 23:00 (Ref:606383)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTV27
I prescribe medium size cars (Vectra ish) running rwd with 2.5 litre V6's rev-limited at 9000rpm.

They be safer, slower and more entertaining to watch. More manufacturers could enter and they'd sound unreal...
When they say medium size cars they mean Focus, 307 size not touring car types cars such as the Mondeo or Vectra, although you could run one if you so wished. Touring cars cater for the larger family cars. Rallying is used to promote small hatchbacks in S1600 and Medium size Focus, Impreza, 307 type cars in WRC.

I like the turbo engines but wouldn't be against 2.5 V6s although many manufactuers do not have these engines and cannot adapt current engines like they can with the current regs, were you can just stick a turbo on an everyday 2l 4 cylinder engine.

I think 4wd drive is essential for gravel cars nowadays after 20+ years of having it. Plus the drivers and teams think 4wd is much safer as you can drag yourself out of trouble. Plus how many rwd cars are out there now from manufactuers. Seems most small and medium cars are fwd or 4wd apart from the C-class and 3-series.

See link below:-

http://www.worldrallynews.com/cgi-bi...3442264,88782,

Last edited by JAG; 21 May 2003 at 23:06.