View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3690433)   #793
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a couple of things to remember here; when BMR first announced Subaru, the original mock up had little or no Subaru branding.

Regarding getting back with 888 - as you say, MG is the main issue there, but also the fact that they work alongside BMR means you're unlikely to get a competitive advantage over the Subaru team. I still cannot understand why Subaru and MG seem to be happy with their race teams working together. As a manufacturer, I'd want to be as secretive as possible.

I would like to see the manufacturer / constructor championship re-named to just a manufacturer title, and ditch BMW, as WSR have claimed before that they are not a works team. Having said that, none of the 'works' teams are heavily funded anymore, so whether you can call any of them proper works teams anymore is debatable.

That said, it's great to see Vauxhall back, and new cars on the grid. The road going Astra is light, so should be easy to get to base-weight. Lets hope they get to very good drivers, otherwise the powerhouse that once was Vauxhall will get walked over by the likes of Honda and Subaru (and more!). Something like Goff and Onslow-Cole might be a good pairing, without having to fork out lots of £££ for the likes of Menu / Gio.