View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3700482)   #46
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Not sure why all of a sudden this is the leading story on the TV evening news. No decision made, and basically they seem to have been mulling this over for the last year or two.

Sadly if Silverstone do decide that F1 is not feasible, the options for a British Gp would seem to be limited:-

Circuit of Wales - which frankly I doubt will ever be built.
Donnington - Cant see this happening for reasons already being discussed.
Street circuit somewhere - Most street circuits are pretty dire, and the logistics of setting one up make this seem unlikely.
I dont think any other British tracks would meet the required standards for modern F1.

I expect some oil rich country with no motorsport history will be willing to step into the breach and host a GP with a nice shiny new tilkedome built in the ass end of nowhere that no spectators will ever visit.

Or maybe an energy drink company will buy silverstone??!! - energy drink companies seem to be taking over the motorsport world - although I dont know anyone who actually drinks the stuff. Perhaps Silverstone could be redeveloped so that the track resembles a big M, or the outline of a male cow.