View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3489248)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Yes, MB tunnel is crazy expensive. If going to Monza it or Frejus is logical choice, but for Southern Italy going via Monaco and Genoa is not that much further, and less risk of snow related issues......

Talking of the tunnel, one of my customers at the time was almost trapped in the big fire in 1999 but managed to do a million point turn amongst the deluge and go back.
He was returning from Italy from a business trip in an almost new Volvo estate car that was deemed to be written off when he got back home in it, just about every panel was smashed when he had to get out in a hurry.
He never used the tunnel again and I think it was shut for 3 or 4 years after a lorry loaded with margarine caught alight.
I expect the high toll charge is still paying for the loss of revenue and repairs ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !