View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3777833)   #34
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Bloody hell it was hot there. The Saturday crowd was quite good but Sunday was a disappointment for me. They tried a new paddock set up with all the display cars behind the garages which made for a great sight even though our trailers were consigned to the boon docks. They've got ideas again to reinvigorate the meeting and I'm sure it will get better again next year.
From the driver's seat, it wasn't a good weekend for me. I struggled with a lack of grip all weekend and only managed 6th in the Group A race and 7th in the combined races except the last race where I suffered a DNF with another lock up so bad it went through to the belts. The meeting was pretty well organised again and I appreciate what all the marshalls and flaggies did for us all in the heat there.
Onya David...the marshals and flaggies mostly do it for the love of the sport, but it is nice when drivers and (cough!) the organisers express their appreciation...

I felt sorry for people in black cars in the heat...did they ever make White JPS specials??