View Single Post
Old 5 May 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3902072)   #323
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I didn't hear him say they were GT3 cars. I heard him say that GT3 should allow them to race overseas in those series'.
They also said that the Vantage GT2 cars were racing in the WEC in GTE-Am. I know the ACO are desperate for manufacturer involvement, but that's a bit much.

And they explained why qualifying laps are faster than racing laps, just in case you forgot that esoteric, highly-complex concept of something heavy being slower than something not heavy.

And they fumbled a significant fraction of the drivers' names (in the closing stages, the pair resorted to not mispronouncing Yuji Tachikawa's surname by stopping after Tachi- and re-reading the rest of his name out loud).

And they made numerous references (I counted six) to tyre warmers. In a series with no tyre warmers.

I understand that Sam Collins going off on one about red car/blue car and Hatsune Miku every race is grating, but anybody who preferred this "commentary" to that is beyond my understanding.

However it should improve; to be fair to Simon & Jake Hill, they were only brought in at short notice for this race. From Suzuka onwards it will be Tom Gaymor and Mark Cole on commentary.