View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3934400)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I remember sitting on the grid at Castle Combe in my second ever Mini Se7en Race (Easter Monday 1982). I was nervously looking around me as everyone formed up into their positions (I was well back) and watching out for the time countdown boards. All of a sudden from the front of the grid I saw a crash helmet being launched into the air & landing in the infield, then one of the cars being pushed away from the grid!
Apparently the scrutineers had told him about an oil leak earlier which he promised to fix, but when they checked again on the grid it was still pouring out so he was told he couldn't race! He was not a happy bunny...
In addition to a roasting from the CotC, one of the scrutineers also collected his helmet from the infield and confiscated it as it would no longer be safe to use!