Old 19 Jul 2016, 21:29 (Ref:3659667)   #4
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Let's not forget Sitges-Terramar. There are a few ovals in other parts of the world, too, such as Calder Park Thunderdome near Melbourne, Australia, and the Rafaela oval in Argentina, which might probably be the least safe oval in the world (despite several chicanes per lap) which is still hosting motorsport events.

It's a good idea for a thread on this forum. Please keep the modernized oval classics coming. Didn't the orignal Brooklands have a dogleg like Trenton, too?

Your design is a very nice irregular oval. It reminds me of a mix of the concepts from Motegi and the Mickyard, but much faster.
I don't know much about ovals in Europe or other countries around the world, I like Sitges-Terramar, I couldn't believe how steep the banking was!

I did straighten the backwards dogleg, it's quite hard to tell where it lies from modern aerial photography. Perhaps the old dogleg could be the pits, with a new "straight" start/finish straight in front of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Issue: The first corner on the road courses appears to be a fairly tight irregular bus stop chicane.
Yeah it looks a little weird. I rushed this a bit and it probably needs a bit of tweaking, but it's really only a sketch of my ideas, I didn't spend too much time on it. Anyone else have ideas for modernised ovals?