View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3762193)   #50
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ocon ahead of Perez for most of the race, but it's clear Perez was faster. He had a 7sec pit stop with the penalty, Ocon pits 2 laps later and is somehow behind Perez? WTF was he doing for those 2 laps, 4 secs a lap slower? He certainly was mad about it and it would have been a big battle until Perez completely lost his head and tried to murder Ocon. Still Ocon close enough for it to be another good race for the rookie. But I fear this Perez battle is going to get to his head too much. I mean where on earth did he think he was going with that move? He was too far back to be going side-by-side into Eau Rouge. Those guys just need to be separated for a while instead of side by side at every race.

Wehrlein... hard to tell his performance when Sauber are so much slower than everyone else and then he retires. But wow is he really being replaced with Gio and Leclerc in the team? Leclerc totally deserves being in F1, though not in the slowest car, that's a waste. But Gio shouldn't be placed in the Sauber ahead of Wehrlein. When you look at how Leclerc has dominated F2 this year, Gio wasn't even close to his performance level in 2016, and wrecked in his last F1 race. I'm sure Werhlein in a Force India would be doing the same as what Ocon is and doesn't deserve the door already. Fred should be pushing for Perez' seat and Wehrlein could move to McLaren.

Perhaps Wehrlein could replace Palmer...

Speaking of whom, his career continues to barrel roll with more bad luck. Alonso pushes him straight off the track and no one cares.

Magnussen and Grosjean were together for most of the race, but Kev made an extra pit stop at the end which dropped him out of it. Not sure why.

Vandoorne, while Alonso was calling the race a test session, started at the back and finished at the back almost (apart from Kev and ericsson have 3rd pit stops). Did his f.lap on the last lap I think, 1.8sec faster than Alonso's. But maybe Fred had issues and never set a proper fast time. Vandoorne was pretty close to the main pack for most of the race though. He wasn't far off the pace. McLaren please tell Honda to gtfo.

Who else, oh Stroll. He couldn't really keep up with Massa in this one, but still made up positions. Probably lucky to get 11th but Spa must be tough on rookies.

So nothing special from the youngsters in this one, only Ocon nearly beating Perez but their battle is getting ridiculous and bad for the team.