View Single Post
Old 30 May 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2888206)   #5
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Being ignorant of the rules under red flag conditions (I guess I haven't paid attention in previous occurences) I was astonished that they were allowed to change tyres and work on the cars. It totally destroyed what was shaping up to be a fantastic finish. It may not happen again for quite some time, but I think they have to respond and change this rule.
For what it's worth I'd say the simplest option would be to say that if there is a red flag you can go to the grid and do only what is required to start the car or you can go to the pits and do anything you are allowed to do during a pitstop but these cars will exit the pits in race order after those on the grid have gone past and will take the safety car restart in those positions. Seems logical to me.