View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3804627)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I assumed it was coming but Liberty often makes it too little too late but it seems like they are in strike while the iron is hot mode and hit the preseason excitement to get people interested. Interesting that it will be offered in the US as retentive as ESPN has been in the past about allowing simultaneous coverage of their events. Might be interested enough to try it out and see how well it runs, but OD will be mandatory for me to consider it.
as ESPN will be using the SKY feed maybe ESPN doesn't care as much because its not original programming from their point of view.

hope the exclusive Canadian broadcaster (who also use the SKY feed) will be as generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
anyone else from the uk planning how to circumvent the geolocation issues in preparation for the introduction of this?
if one already has a VPN then i would think there are any number of markets they could connect to an watch for free anyways.

off topic, but ISPs here are apparently starting to crack down and throttling internet access via VPN services. i suspect similar things are going on in other markets as well...its getting harder and harder to do that dance unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Sounds potential promising. Quality of the experience is key to success. On demand will be key to me as I rarely watch races live anymore. I also want the full experience on demand (meaning ability to view feeds from various cars, etc.)

Richard
good question...i would imagine that the full experience/on boards/live timing should all be available on demand and properly synced for later viewing but you never know.

does seem a bit rushed though...reading on some other sites that the ability to push to TV via apple tv/amazon/android will not be available at launch and no mention for apps for xbox or ps4.

of course on can always cast from their computer/web browser to their TV but with that there is typically a problem with resolution and frame rates. being able to watch on the tv is why i bought the tv in the first place.

also no subscription page up yet as far as i can tell. seems like that is something that should have launched the day the announcement was made.

Last edited by chillibowl; 28 Feb 2018 at 17:17.