View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3804667)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
as ESPN will be using the SKY feed maybe ESPN doesn't care as much because its not original programming from their point of view.

hope the exclusive Canadian broadcaster (who also use the SKY feed) will be as generous.

if one already has a VPN then i would think there are any number of markets they could connect to an watch for free anyways.

off topic, but ISPs here are apparently starting to crack down and throttling internet access via VPN services. i suspect similar things are going on in other markets as well...its getting harder and harder to do that dance unfortunately.

good question...i would imagine that the full experience/on boards/live timing should all be available on demand and properly synced for later viewing but you never know.

does seem a bit rushed though...reading on some other sites that the ability to push to TV via apple tv/amazon/android will not be available at launch and no mention for apps for xbox or ps4.

of course on can always cast from their computer/web browser to their TV but with that there is typically a problem with resolution and frame rates. being able to watch on the tv is why i bought the tv in the first place.

also no subscription page up yet as far as i can tell. seems like that is something that should have launched the day the announcement was made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sky are why it won't be available in the uk until their current contract expires... any ideas when that is?
ESPN has always been protective even of things they didn't produce themselves. If it aired on their network they wanted exclusive access, think that stance has bit them on the ass here lately. MLB coverage doubled in cost, NBA 5 fold increase, NFL was huge cost as in with a B, and for 2 of those they tried suing to block even more games from the streaming coverage. They lost the MLB restrictions suit, no idea about the NBA coverage limitations.

But ESPN almost has to buy feeds now, they have fired almost everyone who actually does anything in the last few months and well any studio "personality" as well.

I'm guessing Sky, like NBCSports here in the US, has an exclusive distribution for the feed within their UK area. That apparently was THE sticking point for NBC, they wanted TV feed only and any internet coverage to run through their app (as I believe they did with F2) and FOM/Liberty wanted the OTT coverage ESPN was willing to allow. Plus NBC is owned by Comcast and as good as their racing coverage is, it was one group of a$$hats against another group of idiots.