View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3740378)   #35
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ocon all the way this time isn't it? Potential DOTR, Perez really should have been told to get out the way to give Ocon a shot at the podium. Although it's unlikely he would have made the move, it shows how the team feel about Perez and not wanting to ruffle his feathers at all in case he moves on to Ferrari. Ocon was only a tenth off Perez in all 3 quali rounds too. He's becoming a potential star of years to come with this performance.

Stroll actually did okay, passing a lot of guys on track which makes up for his terrible qualifying (10 positions behind Massa). 6th f.lap.

Magnussen was running okay for a while, but seemed to drop back. Not sure why. Perhaps stayed out too long on the first set (46 laps).

Palmer pretty weak race, nowhere near his team mate. A second off in qualifying and well behind in the race but somehow jumped past Magnussen and Vandoorne at some stage. Too late, I don't see him being around in 2018. Hulk has made him look rubbish. Who's in line for that Renault seat next year? Don't say Alonso, I think that would be a step backwards especially if McLaren switches to Merc engines. The McLaren isn't THAT slow when it's running, Alonso is usually top 10, it's more the unreliability.

Vandoorne; damn, what you doing boy? Good start to be ahead of Alonso. I thought finally Vandoorne is going to show some consistency after that previous one off good showing and have a race with Fred. But nope, they were all passing him and he dropped like wet fish, finishing pretty much last. F.lap a second slower than Alonso's. Not a good performance from Stoff. I know Alonso's pretty great, but does Stoffel not have the same equipment or something? Is the engine turned down?

Only Wehrlein behind but he had that first lap trouble and had to make 2 pit stops, so never recovered from that.