Old 5 Sep 2017, 03:24 (Ref:3764627)   #38
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To be honest, I can see a slight difference between your two scenarios, but not much? And that assumes I understand your intent, which I doubt I do. Can you clarify?

Richard
I read this as each car should have limited amount of items each race - ie, 4 wheels, 1 cockpit, 1 front wing, 1 back wing and 1 power unit. Damage it, day is done or fight on as is.

Kudos to those in the graphics department for designing the spider web that shows each of the 5 components of the current Power supply system and how many each driver has used. But it's not friendly to the casuals.

Costs needs to be controlled and short of being a completely spec series with Ferrari chassis, williams gearbox, McLaren ECU and Merc motor..., a fairer system needs to be designed while not penalising those who are better too much. (Is was mooted last year to freeze the Merc engine to allow other to catch up - if that did happen then this year would have been a Ferrari walk over.)