View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3791819)   #1193
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I imagine it would be used for the camera shots above the air box looking down. So the ticker will be on the very top of it
I would also say that is an odd solution. Given they already superimpose ads and other data into the world feed (i.e. virtual trackside placards that are in sync with panning and zooming of cameras), if teams wanted to sell ad space on the halo or elsewhere on the car in a way that is not easily viewable trackside, but viewable via in-car camera, then they could also easily use the same technology and likely create a better end result. If you wanted to get fancy, they could even have different content shown for different parts of the world (world feed would have to be processed for each geo location).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
why not superimpose personalized adverts directed at the viewer based on their google search history.

chillibowl just ordered some toilet paper on amazon prime this morning so he must need toilet paper...so every car in the race he watches later on that day will have toilet paper ads superimposed on them!

its a brave new world!
Exactly! If you are talking a digital delivery system to personal devices, that type of thing could have a customized experience "per viewer".

Richard