View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3811837)   #4
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a mention of those joining and re-joining us, some at Donington, some later.

Incoming welcomes…
If Massa and Mansell can retire twice then so can one of our ex-champions. A few years ago, I would have said Paul Sleeman in his Macon MR7 needs no introduction but Paul retired yonks ago and we have so many new entries since, I will. Winner of many FF races from the 70’s and our championship no less than 4 times in the 90’s and a thoroughly nice guy - Paul would share Formula Ford ‘secrets’ with anyone - is returning after an 8-year lay-up. If you thought you had a chance in the Radio Caroline Over 50 Championship you’ve got another think coming…. (see attached jingle).
Mike Flewitt in his Lotus 51 imported from America will be on limited outings as he is a director with Mclaren Sports Cars and is often out of the country.
New to Historics in his Crossle 16F is Gislain Genecand from Switzerland. Gislain is known to HFF Chair David Wild and is apparently a quick driver in more modern FF’s. Hope he enjoys our more sedate little races…
Not new to HSCC; Antony Ross Lola T200, used to race in Classic Racing Cars with the Lotus 59 that Mark Goodyer now campaigns. Antony also competes in HRS with a beautiful Alfa Romeo 1750 Veloce Spyder.
Pierre Livingston; Novice in a Speedsport entered Merlyn Mk20. Team manager Mike O’Brien has him testing and will only be doing limited races this year but will look at a full season next year. A nice young fella I’m told and should fit in with our younger set. They all talk too fast for me.
Mathias Wehtje, a Swede living on a Spanish Island intends joining us too and after having a chat with our regular Swedish rep & racer Rowland Svennson, is keen to take up a new sport. Goodwood has been his choice of race licence venue…there’s posh...look out for a nervous but happy suntanned Scandinavian….
With less of a tan – we welcome Belfast residents Simon & (son) Jack Brien who have recently bought back a car that Simon first owned 33 years ago from the person he sold it to (Simon Perkins), who raced with us until a few years ago after taking over The Willans Harness company*. The car is a 1969 Crossle 16F (Chassis number 16F 69 07), and father & son plan to do some events in the car this year. *discount to HFF by the way.
We also welcome newbies John Evans in a very traditional Lotus 51, Peter Park in a Hawk, Mike Waite in yet another Merlyn and welcome returnee after a big Eldon rebuild Danny Stanzl. Belgian Louis Hanjoul has been missing for a little while and is joining us again - good to see these guys again.
Cameron Jackson is honouring his promise of continuing with us from last year as is Ex-Champ Ben Mitchell, both want to have a go at leading the top boys in our little series. I'm sure another ex-Champ Nelson Rowe, will be showing them how to do it in his Crossle too.
From Buckinghamshire Marcus Watkins will be joining us at some point, no car yet though…as will Ben Adams and Kevin Williams.
To all new to racing WITH us, from us all, a very BIG WELCOME.
Should be someone to race against there.