View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3942218)   #13
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No, I’m curious, not skeptical. Just seems a strange subject to make an
animated film about......
Aye got'cha.

I don't mean to speak for the French members on this forum or the French racing fans in general, but the '55 Disaster no doubt still resonates with some people to this very day including the creator, much in the same way Senna's death resonated with fans in Brazil and Dale Earnhardt with nascar fans. You look at those events and plenty of documentaries, specials and movies have been made regarding them. Having said that, I am not at all surprised the creator went ahead with something like this.

As for the design choices, by choosing to tell the story using animation, as opposed to live action, it really opens up a lot more possibilities to add gravitas and mood to this story which deserves to be told given its obvious significance. Plus, it undoubtedly a lot more cheaper to animate it rather than source a huge budget for a live action piece by having to build a section of the 1955 pit straight and fill in the rest of it with CG, extras, cars etc.