View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3942226)   #14
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
That said, there's a few actual documentaries about LM '55.
That was likely part of the motivation to eschew/alter some of the details. For instance, dramatic effect is likely the best explanation for the disagreement between Fitch & Neubauer; as far as I know, they agreed on withdrawing, but Neubauer had to wait for approval from the Mercedes board before doing so.

The only choice that I wasn't fond of was the sticks that represented bones, despite knowing what they were, it took a couple of seconds for it to register. Apart from that, the film did a great job at capturing the immediate aftermath of the accident.

I believe it has been shortlisted for the Best Animated Short Film Oscar by way of winning a prize on the film circuit. I doubt it will win, but I wish for the best.