Thread: Team Scuderia Alpha Tauri
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4165797)   #13
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bringing back a thread from the dead. I don't think there is another thread devoted to Alpha Tauri.

Interesting news as to the direction of Alpha Tauri in 2024
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...arko/10488676/

I think the previous rumors were that the team was up for sale, but then Red Bull eventually decided against that (maybe no buyers at the price they may have wanted?) It seems like after they decided to keep the team, they started making staffing changes and implementing a new plan for the future.

Overall, it sounds like they will be rebranding and the name Alpha Tauri will go away. If they are looking to sell naming rights, that makes sense. The "Alpha Tauri" name was a marketing exercise anyhow. Also, while I had always thought they used as much as they could from a component perspective from RBR, apparently that is not the case. So there looks to be additional room for sourcing from RBR. I have seen speculation elsewhere that the problem was that while AT was sourcing some items from RBR they were still trying to chart their own path with respects to the technical direction of their car. It sounds like Red Bull has deemed that a failure and is expecting the AT team to be a full junior team to RBR and not some half way version of that. It also sounds like they are moving more (all?) operations to UK??? So days of the progeny of Minardi continuing to be run out of Italy are coming to a close???

Richard