View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2813207)   #78
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Lol,

It's not uncommon out here. In the UK and other places you build a tower with concrete floors. Then you put a separate screed on top of the floor, then you stick the flooring to that. It allows for movement and expansion/contraction.

Out here they build a monolithic floor with a 50mm topping of plain concrete and just stick the flooring directly on top. Hence when the building moves (as buildings do) the floors "pop". It also means that rather than just replace the tiles, they have to dig up the floor and relay the top 50mm of concrete.

All very inconvenient.
Sounds complicated this ere DIY, bad enough removing camshafts from a BRM V8 wi out the rollers escaping out o' bearings n' disappearing all over the worshop floor, not as bad as having to dig up workshop floor as well. All very Inconvenient? Boy is that man cool, definitely a case of empty 5 gallon cans and a 14lb sledge hammer instant relief session.

I bet its got a magnet too.Usefull for picking up rollers Joe

Last edited by p261brm; 9 Jan 2011 at 11:58.