Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3843872)   #666
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Errr. ModelT mentioned more expensive for privateers, not Toyota. And I was replying to that. Nobody said Toyota would be spending more. It's just an example of privateers kinda being forgotten about. It isn't a heavily researched financial proposal to submit to the accountants.

I'm not saying Toyota are going to spend more. I'm not saying privateers will spend more. I'm saying the example given isn't necessarily the best given the numbers involved given the majority of the grid runs to significantly less than that. That's all...

Why would it cost more to run? No idea. But that's the number provided by the ACO. If that's what they say then that's what they say. I think saying "Well maybe some teams could run on a third of that" isn't very helpful because it's complete guesswork based off of a number that appears to be a bit made up. Otherwise, we could say "IMSA said the budget should be $20m! But I think they could do it on half!".