Thread: Car Spotting
View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2022, 02:10 (Ref:4135266)   #386
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Great photos E.B. That looks like a fun meet.

And this is interesting.

Here in Virginia you can register as a vintage vehicle which means you don’t have to get safety inspection (which I’m not keen on) and I think there might be other things that make it easy. Although I am far from being an expert on it.

However you are limited to a certain distance from home, unless going to a show. And you can’t use it to commute to work.

So I registered mine fully for mainly the last reason. And I wasn’t to bothered about saying that I was driving to a show when traveling to Sebring or Road Atlanta. This was suggested to me!
Yeah, antique reg in VA got cracked down on when I lived up there. Were LOTS of older and POORLY maintained cars with the cheap reg on the road. And they didn't use to require insurance as it was assumed you would cause it was a nice old car not a beater.

Think they severely curtailed the miles "allowed" but not sure how they would enforce it.

Georgia has decent antique rules but think you still need insurance. Vehicle 25 years old OR car made to look like an older car, so you can have new chassis with old bodywork and get antique