View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4149244)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
For what it's worth, I side heavily with T8 on this issue as I strongly suspect they did have reason to believe Burgess (a long time mediocre motorsports manager) had given his consent to the setup.
So it comes down to bad management at T8.... in this day and age Whincup or Dutton, having allegedly received the verbal ok from Burgess, should have sent him an email confirming conversation at such and such time and place in which Mr Burgess confirmed our system to be legal to race. That could have been in Burgess's inbox before he left the T8 garage. Then Burgess would simply reply with a 'yes thats so' or a 'no you have misinterpreted / misunderstood what I said. I said the system is fine, the location is not or whatever.'

Had they confirming correspondence of their conversation and alleged approval T8 might have had a case.

(Then the matter of whether Burgess has the authority to make that judgement becomes the focus. The Appeal panel suggested he did not.)

I daresay it would never have become an issue if RD was involved. The i's would have been dotted and the t's crossed